- 1. Nursing Care Plans – Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes
- 2. Lippincott’s Review for Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification
- 3. 2018 Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
- 4. First Year Nurse: Wisdom, Warnings, and What I Wish I’d Known My First 100 Days on the Job
- 5. Nursing Mnemonics – 108 Memory Tricks to Demolish Nursing School
- 6. The Nursing Mother’s Companion: The Breastfeeding Book Mothers Trust, from Pregnancy through Weaning, 7th Edition
- 7. The Nursing Mother’s Companion with New Illustrations, 7th Edition
- 8. CCRN Review Book 2018-2019: CCRN Study Guide and Practice Test Questions for the Critical Care Nursing Exam
- 9. I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out: True Stories of Becoming a Nurse, 1st edition
- 10. Oh Sh*t, I Almost Killed You! – A Little Book of Big Things Nursing School Forgot to Teach You
1. Nursing Care Plans – Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes
The first days as nurse can be overwhelming. Before adapting to your new job, it is advisable to complement using a reliable book. The Nursing care plan: Diagnose intervention and outcome is a great book, especially to the beginners. It has a lot of content covering most of medical areas. Amazingly, this 9th edition is the latest with 2018 medical topics reflecting the current medical trends. With current nursing information, this book is among the best books for new nurses.
2. Lippincott’s Review for Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification
Lippincott’s Review for Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification 5th edition is a useful book to medical-surgical nursing students. To enable students gain the relevant information, the book is ideal for referencing and boasts a lot of information on various diseases. Moreover, the content contained is actual examination for various conditions like coronary, diabetes and other. With reviews, symptoms, diagnostic and treatments and many other related evaluations it keeps you the required information on getting nursing certification. With review questions, the book allows you to do self-assessment and improve exam preparedness. It is ideal for a exams for major certifying bodies; ANCC and AMSN.
3. 2018 Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
Do you want to have up to date information on drugs? The Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses is the handy book for all nurses. The book is based on the Lippincott Nursing Drug Guide which has more than 2000 essential medical information. For the ease of access of required reference, it has alphabetized arrangement which improves the efficiency of access. Also, the book boasts drug names, interaction, warnings and patient teachings. With a special section reviewing patient safety, medical administration and other relevant information, it’s a handbook worth for every nurse. To complement the book, student gets monthly update via online access.
4. First Year Nurse: Wisdom, Warnings, and What I Wish I’d Known My First 100 Days on the Job
The First year nurse nursing book by Kaplan Test Prep is a perfect companion to new nurses. Just like any other professions, the first days as a nurse are challenging. The book is in its fourth edition, having undergone several updates to give the users latest information. It’s a helpful book that covers various topics to help you navigate your new career with ease. Some of the covered areas include how to start nursing, commination skills with colleague and other relevant information concerning nursing. Every page of this book gives you hope and enthusiasm to allow you work with minimal stress.
5. Nursing Mnemonics – 108 Memory Tricks to Demolish Nursing School
Studying nursing entails a lot visual, hearing and memorization. With a good memorizing skills, it means you will have smooth learning. If you want to take your study to next level, then you need to make Nursing Mnemonics your best nursing book to read. It is a proven book to boost students’ performance and memorizing ability. Packed with 94 memories comprising of images and description, it speeds up your learning process. Forget about books with tons of fluff, this gives you precise description thus easy to master. Covering various topics like pharmacological, med surgeon, mental health and the nursing fundamentals, it’s truly best book for nursing students.
6. The Nursing Mother’s Companion: The Breastfeeding Book Mothers Trust, from Pregnancy through Weaning, 7th Edition
Breastfeeding is very useful in the young baby life. It is the foundation of every newborn. However, it needs to be done perfectly to make sure that your young one develops smoothly. If you are a mother, The Nursing Mother’s Companion is a book to buy. With millions of moms using it, it proves useful due to its information-rich natures. It guides you on how to breastfeed, how to cope with challenges, monitoring baby’s health, introduction to solid food among others. Also, it has reviews on breast pumps, drugs and breastfeeding and other important questions. The book is every mother must have handy book.
7. The Nursing Mother’s Companion with New Illustrations, 7th Edition
As a breastfeeding mother, having relevant information on breastfeeding is great in ensuring proper baby nursing. The Nursing mother’s compilation with new illustration is the current 7th edition book dedicated to all breastfeeding moms. Compiled by highly experienced author, and backed by relevant organization, it ensures your baby get excellent care. Unlike the previous editions, this has new illustrations that encourage every mother when reading. The survival guides on the book are important especially is keeping baby health and eases to know when baby has health issues. It provides all relevant information regarding breastfeeding, opinions, and misinformation.
8. CCRN Review Book 2018-2019: CCRN Study Guide and Practice Test Questions for the Critical Care Nursing Exam
Eliminate all worries and hassles associated with nursing exams by getting a good book that take you through nursing exam preparedness. It provides an overview of CCRN examination and everything related including what to expect. Moreover, are the subjects that are tested in the exam as well as practice questions? Generally, the book aims at improving your ability to score in CCRN exam. Some of featuring topics are neurology, Cardiovascular, Endocrine, and Gastrointestinal among other vital nursing topics.
9. I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out: True Stories of Becoming a Nurse, 1st edition
Nurses vital pillar in the medical sector that is why they need a lot of training and up to date information to deal with rising issues.
The true stories of becoming a nurse is a new book for nursing that has a lot of resourceful information to help aspiring nurses. Moreover, with variety of stories related to nursing discipline, you will find it relevant in answering many arising questions. Not only the book provides guidelines but inspiring stories that keep you strong throughout the nursing journey. Above all, you will have the information regarding patients caring.
10. Oh Sh*t, I Almost Killed You! – A Little Book of Big Things Nursing School Forgot to Teach You
Whether you are an expert nurse or new in the professions, this book by Sonja Schwartzbach gives you all big and little things you requires in nursing. Unlike other books, this one expresses the basic fundamentals in a hilarious ways. The author has expressed various essential points to answer many arising questions among the nurses. With vast knowledge in the medicine, you can get as much as possible information. It is possible to get more information from the author in online blog posts concerning BSN, RN and CCRN to ease your nursing journey.
It is true that nursing books are a great and handy item to keep you soldiering on in your career. These books are sure ways to keep you informed and improving your nursing job and stories. Get the right and credible nursing answers; make sure you have the latest and best nursing book.