Brian is the human engine as well as the processing unit. There are many people with the urge to learn more about this fascinating organ. However, getting to know everything about the brain is almost impossible. Unless you want to learn neuroscience in depth, there are many exciting books with a variety of brain information. For a regular study of different aspects of the brain, there are many books. These brain books focus on various topics with some far from the scientific point of view.
Depending on the purpose and level of brain understanding, there are books suited for your need. Whether it’s the need to study the brain itself, how it works, development and others, there is every book. On the other hand, there are different approaches when it comes to studying about the brain. With various books available for varying levels, kids and adults can get a suitable choice for better understanding. In this list, we are reviewing and listing the best brain books that you need to read in 2019.
- List of Top 10 Best Brain Books in 2019 Reviews
- 10. Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
- 9. The Human Brain Coloring Book -1st Edition
- 8. Brain Maker: Power of Gut Microbes to Protect and Heal Your Brain for Life
- 7. Brain Food: The Surprising Science of Eating for Cognitive Power by Lisa Mosconi Ph.D.
- 6. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary-Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind
- 5. 399 Games, Puzzles & Trivia Challenges, Specially Designed to Keep Your Brain Young. Paperback – September 25, 2012, by Nancy Linde
- 4. 4. Your Fantastic Elastic Brain: Stretch It; Shape It Hardcover – December 13, 2010, by JoAnn Deak Ph.D.
- 3. Brain Rules -12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, School and at Home
- 2. Why Isn’t My Brain Working? A Revolutionary Understanding of Brain Decline, Effective Strategies of Recovering Your Brain’s Health by Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- 1. The Human Brain Book: An Illustrated Guide to Structure, Function, and Disorders by Rita Carter
List of Top 10 Best Brain Books in 2019 Reviews
10. Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
If you’re searching for the best brain book, Max Lugavere is a stunning author to satisfy your needs. Together with Paul Grewal M.D, they have written this book that provides ways to discover the critical connection between your brain capacity and the food you eat. The book provides unique methods of optimizing brains power and attaining peak performance from leading voice and media personality in health Max Lugavere.
The author got the inspiration after his mother was diagnosed with dementia. Therefore, he put his successful medial career on hold to explore more and learn what he could about brain health and performance. In his book, Genius Foods, he unmasks the links between dietary, lifestyles choices and brain capability and performance.
9. The Human Brain Coloring Book -1st Edition
In this outstanding brain book, you will get to know the structure and function of the human brain. The book explains this through a process directed coloring. This book was developed by Marian C. Diamond and Arnold B. Scheibel in association with highly acclaimed anatomists. Through simple explanations and detailed research, the book is excellent for a wide range of users. Well, it is ideal for biological students, dental, nursing, psychology, and other health experts.
The included materials define a state of the art knowledge regarding the structure and brain functioning. Each plate is uniquely designed to produce maximum information when it is colored. Thus, it is easy to read and understand for different users.
8. Brain Maker: Power of Gut Microbes to Protect and Heal Your Brain for Life
Are you looking for the best brain book? David Perlmutter in conjunction with Kristin Loberg has one of the best materials for you. In their book, they explore the significant connections between gut microbes and brain functioning. The book reveals that brains health is highly impacted by the vast number of microbes present in your body.
Well, the authors explain that what’s happening in your gut highly determines the risk for any brain-related disorders. Based on your lifestyles choices, you can determine how the microbiome develops from birth. And, through easy strategies, you can improve brain power.
7. Brain Food: The Surprising Science of Eating for Cognitive Power by Lisa Mosconi Ph.D.
Lisa Mosconi Ph.D. is another leading author in brain power and health. The author is a certified neuroscientist and integrated nutritionist. She starts by explaining that brains nutrient needs are quite different from those of other body organs. With her cognitive approach to brain disorders, she adds other approaches that doctors are yet to learn.
However, the author provides a comprehensive food plan to ensure your brain stays in full potential. She says that the Paleo diet you might be following could be hazardous to the brain. Instead, she argues that eating gluten and drinking a lot of water could be a great brain booster. Also, she provides a list of mouthwatering and brain-boosting foods. Therefore, this is a great brain book for anyone looking forward to improving memory and eliminate cognitive decline.
6. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary-Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind
Are you looking for knowledge on how to improve the brain performance and development of your kid? This pioneering and practical book by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson is one of the best choices. The books explain a total of 12 strategies to foster brain growth. The process by which the kid’s brain is wired and how it matures is clearly explained.
The books state that the upstairs brain which balances emotions and makes decisions is under engineering until the mid-twenties. Therefore, the strategies explained in this book entail how to cultivate a healthy intellectual and emotional development of your kid.
5. 399 Games, Puzzles & Trivia Challenges, Specially Designed to Keep Your Brain Young. Paperback – September 25, 2012, by Nancy Linde
How do you keep your brain active and alert for a long time? You need one of the best brain books to keep you knowledgeable. The author explains that there is no difference between exercising your body and your brain. In both cases, you keep your body fit and brain active. The author says that with the right program, it is possible to keep your brain young, agile and adaptable.
With that said, the book showcases a total of 399 puzzle’s, quizzes, and word game and brain teasers. This program allows you to gauge your thinking and lets you be alert and active. Also, the book provides fun and engaging play for everyone to enjoy and boost mental functioning.
4. 4. Your Fantastic Elastic Brain: Stretch It; Shape It Hardcover – December 13, 2010, by JoAnn Deak Ph.D.
This is another fantastic book that talks about ways to make your brain grow. In fact, this is a book that has been given an award as the best mindset book for kids. It talks about how you can flex your brain with various exercises. The author introduces the book by showcasing the brain anatomy and functions. He imparts various concepts in ways that are accessible to parents, kids, and teachers.
By using delightful illustrations, the book captures the curious kid’s attention’s and keeps the mind engaged throughout the reading process. These illustrations feature accurate details which foster motivations learn and exercise.
3. Brain Rules -12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, School and at Home
John Medina is a molecular biologist with vast knowledge and in brain anatomy. In this book, he provides 12 principles which he regards as the basics for surviving at home, work and school. The book uncovers the real things which scientists know and then relates it to the transformative ideas for daily living. The author captures the reader’s attention by integrating an infectious sense of humor.
And, he even uses fascinating stories which breathe life into the science of the brain. One of the funny parts of the book is where he says you can encounter a guy who has great potential in memorizing music yet he can’t tie his shoes. Also, you will discover that exercises improve cognition and that vision trumps all other senses.
2. Why Isn’t My Brain Working? A Revolutionary Understanding of Brain Decline, Effective Strategies of Recovering Your Brain’s Health by Dr. Datis Kharrazian
This is the best book if you’re losing memory. Are you able to concentrate or focus? If you have brain fog or you get tired easily, you need to read this book. The book explains that the brain gets eroded by modern diets, stressful lifestyles, and environmental toxins. Well, the author vividly says that brain disorders are not for seniors only. Well, brain degeneration issues are on the rise. However, the good news is that the brain is very adaptable and heals fast if you follow the right remedies.
The book describes several ways to know whether your brain is on the decline — for instance, brain fog, anxiety, depression, fatigue and loss of concentration. The simple remedies to the problems as mentioned above are simple diet and lifestyle changes. These and more are explained in this book by Dr. Datis Kharrazian.
1. The Human Brain Book: An Illustrated Guide to Structure, Function, and Disorders by Rita Carter
This comes as one of the best brain books for a lot of reasons. It features well-illustrated information which anyone can understand. The main topics in the book include brain anatomy, function and brain disorders. It boasts a 22-page atlas with MRI scan and interactive DVD.
Due to the point by point illustrations, it is a great book for students, families or anyone interested in knowing better the anatomy, human biology, and neuroscience. The author is a renowned medical writer who takes part in various publications including New Scientist and other newspapers. Anyone looking forward to understanding the brains functions better will find this book incredibly informative.